You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, June 18, 2016

Zombicide Black Plague: Cul'nar


This is one of the figures from the Adrian Smith guest artist box (Chronicles of Hate) for Zombicide: Black Plague. I got the box because I wanted some barbarian types for the game, and these were amazing to look at.

But they're a pain in the ass to paint. Lots of subtle detail that, if you're not controlling your palette, will get real busy real fast. I actually had to repaint a couple things on Cul'Nar here to clean him up a bit. I still might go back and tone down/clean up a few things.

Still, from a tabletop distance, he looks pretty good, and that's what counts with my games and their figures. And, honestly, the only time I (or my friends) will sit and really admire the paint job is the first time they see them; the remaining time the figures will simply be pretty pawns on the board.
And that's OK, too.

5 comments:

  1. Both a characterful model and a great job painting him. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. This is beautiful. Don't suppose you made a vid of the painting process. I'm a journeyman mini painter myself and have no creativity when it comes to paint selection, but I can be adequate if I copy someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No videos other than how to paint a zombie in a monochromatic color, but, when I get some more time away from my day job, I hope to make a video or two.

      Delete