You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, August 16, 2010

Intergalactic marine


This is Reaper Chronoscope No. 50014, Nick Stone, intergalactic marine. I like the space marines of Warhammer 40K, but this guy feels much better; his proportions are a lot less of a caricature. He'll be used for my Doom board game as both a marine figure for the regular deathmatch versions of the game. He might be a bit tall if you want to get him as a character for your 40K army, unless you don't mind the height difference... he IS a cool figure, after all.

This marks one of my better camouflage tries, and I think my only finished figure with camo on it.

This is not the final color that will be on the figure's base; it's a basecoat for the red that will eventually be painted on. It was just getting close to my bedtime, and I wanted to get this posted before tomorrow. I'll throw the red on later.

Now that I have a little bit of Chronoscope out of my system, maybe I can get back to that mammoth.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, that's some very fine work on the camo - in both meanings of the word. I fear my shaky elderly hands are not up to that degree of control.:)
    J.

    ReplyDelete