You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, October 9, 2013

When "scale creep" becomes "scale zoom"


A little something I'm working on for this week. The pieces here are dry-fit, and the green stuff is curing. And yes, that's a 54mm scale figure next to the truck.

The hood doesn't lift, there's no engine detail, the bed has a cover that doesn't lift, and this pickup is the wrong model for the original 1/64 version I have. But you can't argue paying $6 for something that perfectly fits the scale and setting of my little post-apoc collection.

My big version won't look exactly like the smaller version, but it will still be in the same spirit. Part of my next 54mm order includes a figure I will convert into a Brother Pilot specifically for this pickup.

I'm not sure if I'll be doing any more vehicles this size. After some searching, there are indeed enough 1950s model vehicles for a Machinas race at 1:32 scale, but I have plenty of cars right now -- Maybe if I decided to sell my entire 1/64 collection. Until then, this pickup will be a nice piece of backdrop to my Qwik games and post-apoc gladiator matches.

2 comments: