You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Apprentice wizard

Here's a little fellow I purchased as a bit from Reaper to help fill out a recent order (so as to get free shipping.) He is the apprentice/assistant figure from Reaper No. 3186 Wizard's Workshop.



He isn't the smallest figure I've painted, but there were plenty of delicate features that were difficult to paint (fingers, face, book pages, scrolls and looseleaf paper tucked under his chin). But the job got done.

A note on painting yellow: Everyone has their own recipe. Mine is Light brown, ochre, and then a final highlight of yellow. It's not the brightest, but it works just fine for me- I'll even use it for my old school Games Workshop Harlequins once I finally get around to painting them (I still need to build up some more mad skills, so I don't ruin them.)

1 comment: