You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Paranormal Investigators: Doctor and a what?

Just a couple more figures to round out my paranormal investigation/Ghostbuster/Elder things collection. The first figure is a doctor from Reaper's Chronoscope range (No. 50257 Dr. Thomas Welby.) I'm renaming him Dr. Modot Brooks.



Why "Modot?" Because on my way to Kansas City a few weeks ago, I saw a sign along the highway telling me to "Fasten your seatbelt, because Modot cares." Modot, of course is Missouri Department of Transportation, but it sounded like a fantasy evil overlord (who at least "cares.") And since this figure represents an evil character in my upcoming roleplaying game, he inherited the name.



This other figure - I simply cannot remember what it is called. The figure came from a past Frothers United sculpting contest. The theme was Cthulhu figures for playing Cluedo (Clue here in the U.S.) aka: Cthluedo.

I kept the paint simple- just a few quick layers of light blues and a couple layers of purple- all drybrushed.

3 comments:

  1. Both figures look very good, but the worm headed fellow gives me the hibby jeebies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, 'Modot' is a great name for a nefarious character. Great work on him. I also like the blue/purple effect on the 'Cthleudo'. Well done!
    Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. That creature makes me think of the alien that came out of the trunk in Stephen King's "From a Buick 8"... creepy!

    ReplyDelete