You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Repainted Parasaurolophus

The parasaurolophus is my favorite dinosaur species; I don't know why, it just is. And this sculpt, by Schleich, is my favorite of the three sculpts I own (the others by Carnegie and Battat.) It's got a nice pose; there isn't the hypothesized webbing between the crest and neck; and the figure is very stable - it won't tip over easily. (The Battat sculpt looks nice, but it's stance is delicately balanced; a touch from either size sends the poor thing over on to her side.)



To give you an idea of size, the figure next to this parasaurolophus is one of my 54mm Waiteri tribe members.



I need to readjust the lighting; these dinosaurs are too large for my photographing space, so I have to push them back, along with the lighting, and my camera is compensating in an unexpected fashion (making the darks darker and the lights lighter). It's ok, though - the camera (an older Canon A460) has very few manual settings and otherwise gives me great photos. We'll just have to settle for dramatic-lit dinos for the time being.

3 comments:

  1. Who makes these dinos? Been shopping for some dinos to buy for my stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking model. Love the subtle paint job as well.

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get my dinos from Schleich: http://www.schleich-s.com/toys/prehistoric_animals/

    Carnegie: http://www.shopatron.com/products/category/Carnegie+scale+Model+Dinosaur+Collectibles/740.0.1.1.33307.70684.1008070.0.0

    And Battat, aka Boston Museum (these are no longer being produced last I heard): http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/battat.htm

    ReplyDelete