You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, February 20, 2010

54mm Gladiators: Assembly mostly done


So I have most of the gladiators assembled (save for a secutor and an unarmored captive.) I still need to clean off a few small mold lines, fill some gaps and sculpt a couple horsehair crests with greenstuff. The figures second from left and third from right in the pic will be receiving those crests.

A quick note: I figured out how to make my own trident with brass rod (seen at far right in the picture). I simply took a short length of hammered-out rod, sharpened the ends, folded it to look like a giant brass staple, drilled a hole in the center and ran a sharpened rod through it (a scrap spear I had sitting around, actually), glue and done. I added a pre-cured ring of greenstuff at the base of the trident head to help stabilize it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Carmen, I know you haven't even painted them yet, but the patience you must have to bend and shape all that brass!
    I'm a lazy bugger if there ever was one, now you make me feel bad!

    I look forward to seeing them painted mate.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy a little bit of brass-smithing :)

    ReplyDelete