You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

FFG Prepaint Repaints: Crawling one and hound of Tindalos

Here are my first two repainted Fantasy Flight Games monsters. I love'em. They painted up easily with just a few layers of dry and overbrushing, picking out the details of the eyes, tongue and teeth on the hound.

When the figures arrived, they were glued to their bases, so I hide to carefully cajole/rip them out. Any leftover peg was easily cut away with an Exacto knife. And, as you can see here, I rebased them on a couple lipped display bases.

Priming was easy. I just painted on a couple layers of acrylic black. The acrylic is nice because it's flexible after it has dried, which is important on soft plastic figures such as these. The paint isn't indestructible; it can still be scraped off, but the figures should stand regular handling- at least by those who regular clip their finger nails.

The crawling one, I chose to do in fleshy colors, because I think the human flesh color increases the "horror" factor of the beast by connecting it to humanity in one way. Yet I blended in the purples to emphasize the crawling one's other-worldyness.


The Hound of Tindalos, I kept basic. The colors on this on are a bit brighter than those I painted on Charlie's earlier. I chose the tile floor for the hound because the beast is described as something that hides in the "corners" of time. So I wanted to give him as many corners as I could.


Next up are the Writhing Witherer and the Dark Young. I'm actually a bit stuck as to what colors I'm going to paint these two. Once I choose a palette, though, I'm sure they'll paint up fast.

1 comment:

  1. The Hound of Tindalos looks perfectly disgusting...Perfect!

    Hugh

    ReplyDelete