You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, March 8, 2012

Paranormal investigators: Camera man wip

This little project is a touch more ambitious than I'm comfortable with, but my paranormal investigators needed a cameraman. The figure is the "jock" from Reaper Chronoscope No. 50090, "Townsfolk: Jock, Chick, Nerd." His right arm was originally holding a football tucked close. The arm was easy to clip and file away to give me a "blank slate" to work with.

I cut the pieces of the camera out of cured green stuff. I can't cut a right angle worth a crap, so I hope that the novelty of the figure is enough to distract folks from the rough angles. It's certainly not a bad piece of work on the camera- I'm happy with the results; there's just room for improvement.

The tough part (for me) will be sculpting the arm, especially the hand. Luckily, with the wire as a base, I can tackle this in stages. I'll do the arm first, let it cure, and then do the hand later. I could also cheat, and just find a fist from a figure in the bits box to add to this figure.

And yes, in this modern world where everything has a digital camera the size of a pea attached, I chose to go old school with a large camcorder. To me, it just looks more natural. That, and this whole project was indeed inspired by a 1980s movie (Ghostbusters.)

Other news: I was just over at the Reaper site (looking up the number of the figure above); they have a new range called "Bones." It looks like unpainted plastic figures (NOT resin.) Nice figures and cheap- I may have a go at one or two- Purple worm is $2.99?!

No comments:

Post a Comment