You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, March 12, 2012

Marsh troll

This fellow (Reaper No. 2609 Marsh Troll) was pretty easy to paint up. Since he was a larger figure, I drybrushed most of him, picking out details with the brush. The base I used was a touch large, so I added the lizard (from a Games Workshop lizard swarm pack.) I need to work on painting fish, though, I'm not sure when the next fish will come around. That's probably why I'm not so good at painting them :)


6 comments:

  1. Wow I just found your site and you are a great painter! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Matt- And don't forget to look through the archives/older posts; there's plenty to see here.

    Feel free to ask any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paint job on a great figure. I have the same one in my painting queue... which has been waiting for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. What shades of green did you use for the troll skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, been a while, but I think I used mostly olive drab greens. You can take any yellow green, add a hint of grey and get a good troll color.

      Delete