You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Free shipping and what's up next

One thing I like about the low threshold to get free shipping from Reaper Miniatures is that I don't have to buy a bunch of figures all at once. I can buy a dozen or fewer figures, which cuts down on preparation time and allows me to get to painting. If I have 20 or 30 figures sitting on my table (many sites require up to $100 in purchases before offering free shipping), it gets imposing, and inevitably, I won't finish some of them. This only adds to my lead mountain.

So what does this mean? Well, I've been looking at some more figures to add to my Ghostbusters collection, but first, I have to finish the D&D figures on my table. Luckily, all I have are three hobgoblins and a cyclops to finish (thanks to not having to buy a ton of figures with my last purchase). The figures I'm interested in adding -- specifically, I'm look at a sheriff and his deputy as well as a few more zombies to add to the collection -- are also from Reaper (Chronoscope) so it's gonna be free shipping again!

No comments:

Post a Comment