You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, March 2, 2012

Hippogriff and Beholder repaints

Another couple figures for Jeff. he actually let me borrow these so I could test a couple priming techniques before tackling that black dragon. Since they were both primed, I went ahead and painted them up. They painted up really fast, being almost 90% drybrushed. 

I enjoyed trying something slightly different with the beholder's jewel-like eyes and teeth. I think I want my own beholder now.



4 comments:

  1. Very nice work - the eyes and teeth on the Beholder are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work.

    That is the coolest color strategy for a Beholder that I have ever seen. Very, very creepy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool stuff. How did you give the Beholder the gem-like eyes and teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gem-look is actually pretty easy. I just used the method I learned through an old Games Workshop painting book. Here's a summary of that method posted by someone over at Warseer: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/Lord_of_Skulls/lenses.jpg

    ReplyDelete