You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, March 16, 2012

Mansions of Madness: A few repaints

Ok, these aren't really "re"paints since they came unpainted anyway. These figures belong to my friend Charlie, but he let me practice on them before I make my own purchase of some of the prepainted monsters over at Fantasy Flight, which I will indeed "re"paint.

These were 90% drybrushing. Only the eyes of the shoggoths and the eyes and mouths of the hounds of Tindalos were not drybrushed. And as requested by Charlie, I gloss varnished the tentacles on the chthonians.



By the way, has anyone seen the new prepainted Arkham/Mansion monsters over at Fantasy Flight Games? Go check'em out. Not the best sculpts in the world, but the price is right. I look forward to getting a few things: Yithian, Elder thing, dark young, crawling one and a wailing writher are in my shopping cart now.
You can see the beasties here.

5 comments:

  1. I love all your repaints I dub thee King O Drybrush. My drybrushing skills are pants.

    Cheerio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Shoggoth, one of the best I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Shoggoth, one of the best I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, how to achieve this blue-violet-grey color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start with light blue, then add a little white for each following layer. The effect can further be enhanced by making the rest of the figure a drab color, providing extra contrast.

      Delete