You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, March 4, 2012

Stone Lurker (finished)

I think the paint really brought this figure together. I'm very happy with the results. Green stuff continues to be my favored medium for tentacles: It takes paint well; It remains flexible, so it's not going to easily break; and it forms a strong bond with super glue.

I'd still like to figure out how to make more chiseled edges with Sculpey. I may just need to bake some blocks of sculpey and actually chisel it to make larger rocks and such. I'd also like to figure out how to sculpt teeth; I think my lack of dentistry skills is keeping me from sculpting other things.


6 comments:

  1. Man! that´s great stuff... Really nice sculpting, and cool paint job. Wouldn´t like to run in to that thing in the dungeon :) You´re pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, you're fast!

    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want sharper edges, try cutting or sanding the Sculpey after it's baked. Cutting it can be tricky, it can "flake" sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you tell us from where came the barbarian please ? (very nice miniature).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The barbarian mini is Drac Mac Syro from Rackham's now-defunct Confrontation line.

    ReplyDelete